Nothing is quite as refreshing as a tall glass of lemonade on a sunny summer afternoon.
Here’s my spin on the classic:
Summer Sun Lemonade:
- freshly squeezed pulp of a ripe mango (if you don’t get mangoes in your country, substitute with mango juice)
- juice of 2-3 lemons (depending on the size and sourness you like)
- mint leaves
- sugar to taste
- 1 litre of cold water (substitute with soda if you want a spritzer feel)
- Blend all the ingredients, start with lesser lemon and sugar, increasing slowly according to your preference of sweet and sourness.
- Top with ice and add mint leaves just before serving. If you’re using mango juice from a carton, but enjoy a pulpy texture, you can add the pulp of an orange to the mango juice for the similar effect.
- As an option to turn this into a light refreshing alcoholic drink for a party, i would recommend adding either Malibu Coconut rum for those who like a sweeter twist, and for those who shy away from sweet things, Gin of any brand you prefer. Cheers!
image and text © aditi chengappa 2013